Thursday, January 17, 2008

A MILLION SCREAMING GIRLS!

WHERE CAN YOU FIND A MILLION GIRLS, DANCING AND SINGING AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS, WEARING "I LOVE TROY" T-SHIRTS?????????

At Disney's High School Musical(On Tour)!!! Yulia and I were just two of the thousands of females that were lucky enough to snag tickets for this weekend's performance. I must admit,
it was very good. Kinda a "Grease" for us old folks.


I think this is probably the most excited I've ever seen Yulia. She was full of unadulterated EXCITEMENT!!!! She couldn't stay in her seat for most of the numbers. (Of course, no one else could either, so it really didn't matter.) She sang at the top of her lungs, unaware that the words she was singing didn't match the song's phonetics. (Who cares???) Everytime I stopped clapping, I was immediately chastised to join back in. We had a blast. Yulia cried through most of the performance. I asked her why and she couldn't tell me. Really think she thought the movie characters were on stage in St. Louey. That's a hard concept to try and explain so I didn't attempt an explanation. None was needed. I think it was just such an unusual experience for her, which made it worth the money spent. (Of course, the next day, she heard Hannah Montana was going to be back in St. Louis. "Mom, You, me...Hannah Montana?" Um, let me think about this. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!)




When one attends the concert of the year, it's most important to look your best in case you should see Troy or Gabriella. Note the pink boa, pink bracelet and sparkly purse!!!


When not attending broadway productions, Yulia likes to play with the makeup kit she received for Christmas. I'm afraid she's getting better at putting on makeup than Mom!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Our high Saturday is 9 degrees. That is not a typo. They said it was cold here. I'm beginning to believe it!

1 comment:

kim said...

Oh my gosh... that cracks me up. That is right up Yulia's alley. I bet she thought she was in heaven.