Tuesday, August 5, 2008

BLESSINGS

As most of you know, Paul's mom, Kitty died July 26th. The services were held in Texas. For those of you who've been through the death of a parent, it's very hard. But, there are always blessings.



It was awesome to see how Kitty's six children came together. The family spent several days sitting around the house, visiting and reminiscing about the old days. What a blessing to have such great memories!

We got a chance to spend a lot of time with Paul's sister and brother in law from California. We had a wonderful time visiting with them. Yulia had never met either one of them. It was also a great chance to visit with all of Kitty's grandchildren(our nieces and nephews).

Although it was hard to say goodbye to Kitty, she had been suffering so since her hospital admission in early June. She had been struggling with her breathing and just seemed to feel miserable. Several days before she died she told one of her children, "I don't know why I'm fighting this so hard. I know where I'm going when I die. I'll get to see Hank(her husband) and all my other family when I get to Heaven." What a wonderful blessing and legacy to leave for one's children.

No comments: