Sunday, February 10, 2008

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES

We're experiencing some technical difficulties on the Barry household computer , and thus the Barry Blogsite. Paul says he can fix it, but says that may mean losing:
1. My blogsite.
2. My online scrabble game.
Since I cannot live without either of those items, I'm begging him to find another way.

It is really a drag having slllllllloooooowwwwww internet service. But, it allows me the opportunity to work on patience as a virtue. Ha.


Anyhoo, not much news. We had our 6 month home visit with a social worker this weekend. We will officially have Yulia 6 months come March 20. ( We'll be celebrating with a trip to Branson at Silver Dollar City for Spring Break. ) I thought Yulia would be very excited to visit with our social worker since she speaks Russian. She was not. In fact, didn't have much to say which is highly unusual for her. But things went well and we won't have to see the SW again for 6 more months. Whatever. What's another couple of hundred dollars? Then a 24 month visit. Then 36 month. Then we're done with that SW stuff.

Valentine's Day is a new and exciting holiday for Yulia. She's not really sure what it is, but is enjoying decorating, mailing cards and getting ready for the party at school. No one laugh, please, but I'm in charge of the "crafts" portion of the V-Day party. Paul Barry has asked that I get that "crafts" day on camera. As many of you know, I have about as much use for arts and crafts as I do for a city without a Sonic. But, we do what we must do. Plus, my friend Denise Cuestas has been most helpful with artsy ideas. Who knows, I may me getting a new job at Michaels??? Or Garden Ridge???

No comments: